Well this blog is a little out of order, but oh well. During the week of Sukkot (The Feast of the Tabernacles) the Jewish people build Sukkots (tabernacles) and live or eat under them. Every synagogue and restaurant in West Jerusalem had one of these sukkots. The sukkots are just tarps wrapped around 4 poles with willow branches or other leafy tree branches laid across the roof. On one of our free days we went to West Jerusalem to eat under a sukka and celebrate on Ben Yehuda street.

Ice cream on Ben Yehuda Steet

Eating under a sukka

We ended our day in the city in this grocery store. We were so excited to find an acutal grocery store, not a mini mart, or a sketchy street vendor.
4 comments:
Do you remember eating pomegranites under a sukka we built up on the stage? Or, I had you for a New Testament year.... they have such great and meaningful traditions! Good for you for soaking them in! How blessed to be there in the fall when some of their most meaningful ones are happening!
I was so excited to get your blog address from Grandma Lucy. It will be fun to read of your adventures. So glad you are having a good time. Lova ya, Aunt Debbie.
Kelsey! This was so fun to read about all the cool things you get to do!! Thanks for doing a blog!! I'm glad you're having such a great time! Love, Annie
I just found your blog! I am so excited for you and jealous that I am not there! It looks like you are having a blast! Enjoy all of it...time goes by way too fast!
Post a Comment