Friday, October 24, 2008

I LOVE JERUSALEM STUDY ABROAD


I Love...

The Jerusalem Center

The Biblical Gardens
The amazing view from my balcony
The view from the chapel

Hanging out in Bedouin tents
The diversity of dress
The misspelling of Spanish and English words
Genie pants

The people who walk around Jerusalem with huge guns

Falafels

The Shekel Shack

Concerts in the Chapel on Sundays



Taking a whole week off of school to go to EGYPT!
Riding camels
Carriage rides that are cheaper than taxis
Pyramids
The Valley of the Kings

Aladdin’s

The Cairo Museum

Yad Vashem


The Old City
The vendors in the city that say "BYU over here, Mormons, Mormons over here! We have good prices"
Mercedes Buses
Dramamine
Technology
Security!
Living in the same building as my Professors
Brother and Sister Allen, Huntington, Huff, Wilson,
Squires, Thomas, and Thomson
My BYU backpack
1.5 litter bottles
Room Checks with treats
chocolate wafers
Donkeys


Mt. Sinai
T-shirts from the Old City
The exchange rate in Israel and Egypt
Herding Sheep
Clean water in Israel
1 Shekel ice cream bars
Lana's
The Palestinian Costco
Bartering and getting the prices I want
Shopping and wandering through the city



Dormition Abbey
Olive picking and crushing
The Church of the Holy Sepulcher
Olive wood and Omar
The roses on my balcony
The Prayer Calls
Hebrew and Arabic
Damascus Gate


Ben Yehuda Street
Cute Jewish girls with their black skirts and headbands
Little Palestinians kids that live in the neighborhood
Augusta Victoria

Eating under a Sukkot

Jaffa Gate
West Jerusalem
The Jewish Quarter



The Western Wall
Jewish Holidays
Going to the Western Wall for the beginning of Shabbat
Eating chocolate pudding with whip cream everyday for breakfast
The green Orange/Lemon fruit

U.S. Consulate families
Hebrew U
Awesome movie Collection
Learning about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict
Learning about Judaism
Kissing the Sphinx


Day trips to Tel Aviv
The Mediterranean Sea

Rosh Hashanah
Parties at the Wall
Palestinian parties on Friday nights
Head Scarves
The cafeteria
PITAS
Honey
Forums

Learning about the Old Testament

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this list, Kelsey, what a great way to trigger those favorites in years to come - I feel cheated, however, I never got chocolate waffles!!! (S. Hardy)