
This happens every time I try to leave Pennsylvania. My flight is either delayed for hours, canceled, or I miss my flight for some reason. Normally the problem is fixed at the airport before I fly to Chicago. Jeanne and Rodger talk to the airline, come pick me up, or my flight finally ends up leaving 5 hours late. Not this time, no this time my flight was delayed flying out of Virginia, but instead of fixing the problem in Virginia I flew to Chicago. In Chicago I missed my connecting flight to Salt Lake and of course there are no more flights going to Salt Lake tonight. Which means I am spending the night in Chicago...alone. Too bad it is 5 degrees and dark outside, if it weren't I would be really excited to be in Chicago exploring the city. I think this is a sign, I should just stay in Pennsylvania. If I stayed and just skipped this next semester all of my problems would be solved right?
Oh well. So after talking to several ladies at the Southwest front desk and waiting around for a couple of hours I finally ended up in a hotel. It is a little weird to be here alone, but a lot better than sleeping in baggage claim like one of the Southwest workers told me to do. Oh my, it has been quite the adventure traveling here.
3 comments:
1. My mom commented that baggage claim would probably be the worst place in the airport to sleep. No security, close to the exit. YIKES!
2. Maybe you should stay in Chicago and then I should come to Chicago instead of Utah and we could just party in Chicago all semester. No school! haha
3. We will have to let some of our finals plans carry over to the first week so that it isn't so awful being back.
you poor thing! I am so sorry!!! And I would be a little terrified being all by myself. You are brave, and I hope you make it here safely! love you!
Sounds like quite an adventure. Glad you made it home safe. It was great to see you over christmas. It is fun to watch everyone "grow" up. Have a wonderful semester and bring some more pants over next time your in town. Hugs, Debbie.
Post a Comment